Last Updated on August 11, 2022 by user
On Monday, 31st of August, we hosted the first ever in our series of Health Webinars.
Hosted in conjunction with our partners Health at Hand, and presented by Dr. Rami Said, the webinar was focused on how to protect oneself during the upcoming flu season whilst safeguarding against Covid-19.
Here are our 5 key takeaways from our webinar:
- Antibiotics are not required for a fever.
- Flu season in the UAE begins in late September with flu shots being released in late September to early October. It is highly recommended it should be taken as early as possible.
- Although fruits and vegetables will help boost immunity, they will not protect us from Covid-19. Using masks, sufficiently washing your hands, and adhering to social distancing are some of the most effective ways to protect yourself.
- Viral ‘cures’ being spread via social media are not effective and can instead have an adverse impact on your health. Instead make sure to follow guidelines set forth from reputable medical sources.
- Minimize going to medical facilities to reduce strain due to Covid-19 on them. Use alternatives like Online Doctor Consultation where available.
Alternatively, you can watch the entire webinar right here: